Re: [OM] om-4 or om-2s FS

Subject: Re: [OM] om-4 or om-2s FS
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:52:34 +0200
Drat!

I have just bought an OM2SP with 35/2.8 (for $250), and I have just
checked ... it has a green LED.  Oh well, my last OM2SP, bought in
1987, never gave me any battery trouble.

I agree with all the other plusses for the OM2SP.  It is a neat little camera.

Chris

Hi Marcus:

I have an OM-2S, and I love it!

Reasons not to like the 2S:

1.  Early models powered the "flash ready" light with the camera
batteries.  This would drain the batteries in short order, if there was
heavy flash use.  Olympus  offered a fix for this, where the LED used
the flash's batteries, instead of the camera batteries.   You can tell
if you have the early model by mounting a flash unit.  If the LED is
green, you have the original model.  If the LED is red, you have the
revised model.  I don't know if early models can still be upgraded; you
might want to check with John H. at Camtech (http://www.zuiko.com) about
this.