[OM] OM3 was: OM-4s and batteries

Subject: [OM] OM3 was: OM-4s and batteries
From: "Dr. Oben Candemir" <dunya.nospam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 11:06:09 +1000
What about OM3's. Being all manual shutters do they chew through batteries in the same way? My understanding was that the half shutter pressed position without limiter was the main cause of battery drainage. The OM3 doesn't have a B or 1/60 red setting as far as I know (all the speeds are manual) so how can the half button press be disengaged? Also does it have a baseline battery drain like the auto OM's? The FAQ doesn't really go into the 3 much in this sense.