[OM] Problem with OM PC

Subject: [OM] Problem with OM PC
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:17:59 -0700
I recently took a flyer on a couple of OM PCs (hey, they were cheap!) One
came from a camera shop (via that auction site, however) and was advertised
as not working. The second came from a private party and was also advertised
as not working correctly (and also via that auction site).

To make this short... the one from the camera shop *appears* to have needed
new correct batteries (rather than the dead, incorrect ones in it when it
arrived) and seems to be working fine. I'll be testing with film later this
week, I hope.

The second one does something entirely bizarre. If you put in good
batteries, it fires at whatever speed it seems to want to, regardless of the
shutter speed setting, even in Manual mode. Then after a few shots like
that, it locks--mirror up/shutter half-fired, but resets as you unscrew the
battery cover to remove the batteries.

Anyone with lots more OM PC experience than I've got ever run across this
behavior? Is there a "reset" for the OM PC if the computer is simply
confused? I'm not gonna be crying the blues if this second one doesn't work.
I didn't spend much on it. It would be nice to know if it's worth trying to
get it working though.

---
Scott Gomez