Re: [OM] Re: Rechargeable batterys

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Rechargeable batterys
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 21:46:24 -0400
Cc: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
I've been using NiMH batteries from Thomas Distributing at http://www.thomasdistributing.com/ for about 2 years with great success. I use AA's and AAA's and they work great. Not quite as much juice or life as Alkalines, but certainly enough for most uses, especially flashes and the kid's stuff. I'm a bit leery about putting them in my 5yr old's stuff, unless I know that they'll get changed, because: 1. I'll probably forget about where they are and never see them again, and 2. NiMH's tend to lose their charge over time.

Get 8 or so for $2.30 ea + $24.00 for a charger. They'll last several years. It certainly beats $5.00 for alkalines, although I now buy alkalines 24 at a time at Home Depot. They're much cheaper like that.

Skip