[OM] Fw: Problem with Winder 2 or OM4

Subject: [OM] Fw: Problem with Winder 2 or OM4
From: "R. M. Gilmore" <rmgilmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 23:08:18 -0400
Hello to all,
New to the list - have been lurking for awhile.  First off, thanks for all the
great information.  I'm getting back into my Oly gear after a number of year
off.  (Un)fortunately, I'm jumping in with both feet and it's starting to
consume a bit of time - my wife has even mentioned my 'addiction' - though I'm
still in denial.

I recently purchased an OM4 and use it with my Winder 2 (from my OM2n).
Periodically it'll skip a beat (the winder fires, but doesn't engage the
camera).  You notice it since the shutter doesn't flash in the viewfinder.
It's very intermittent.  I've tested it by using new batteries and loading a
wasted roll of film and firing the winder (on both single and sequence) until
the film is done.  Can't get it to fail (watched pot syndrome).  Do you think
it's the camera or the winder?  Any help is appreciated.

Sorry for the rambling.  Thanks.
-Rob Gilmore