Re: [OM] Sexy Shutter Sounds ** OT **

Subject: Re: [OM] Sexy Shutter Sounds ** OT **
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 00:31:35 -0400
OK, OK, I HAVE to chime in with my all time favorite: the Leica M shutter. It's right up there with the ZI Contax, but IMO, even silkier, maybe because it's a cloth shutter instead of a vertically travelling unit? As John points out, below 1/60 sec, the gear train takes over and you can hear all the clockwork goodies inside doing their non-electronic thing. It's pure magic.

(Yea, yea, so I need a night out on the town....or a date...or something.....just don't rub it in.)

Skip