RE: [OM] Fixed 20mm/f3.5 macro

Subject: RE: [OM] Fixed 20mm/f3.5 macro
From: maat <maat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:25:23 -0400
I think Mark responded about using the rubber stopper on the lockring and
heating the aperature ring to get it off.  I was able to get the lockring off
by hand (funny how the grease on that didn't seize).  I was concerned about
using a direct heat source on the lens (all those little parts inside and the
glass, expanding and contracting at different rates) so i went with the brute
force method:  channel lock pliers.  I put a strip of leather around the
aperature ring and a rubber strip around that for extra protection.  Same deal
on the knurled ring on the barrel, and used 2 pairs of pliers to [gently] turn
the ring back and forth.  It took a few minutes to get it to move and break
the grease up, but I didn't have to reef on it, and I managed not to scratch
it at all.  Hopefully yours is not stuck as bad as mine was.
Just another idea.  Good luck!

maat