Re: [OM] OM2n Meter Calibration Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2n Meter Calibration Question
From: P2CON@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:19:53 EDT
Skip writes:
<< First: See John H's comments.
  Second: Do you have a high-brightness screen installed?  That would throw
off the in-finder exposure reading.  ALso, maybe you are getting light in the
finder?
  You should do all your tests with chrome film.  The wide latitude of color
negative film will mask many problems.
  With OM OTF metering cameras, always trust the results of film testing.
  Skip >>

Thanks Skip, John pretty much answered my question.  I thought both metering
systems were somehow interconnected so that if there was an error in the
viewfinder it would also show up on auto.  Not so, per John.  I have a second
roll of chrome in the camera now with about half taken with the meter
correction of one-stop via the ASA dial.  I will finish up the roll with the
ASA set back to normal and see if the exposure is back to normal.  I can
pretty much duplicate the lighting I had with the first half so it should be
a good test.  The screen is a 1-4 so no problem there.

Regards,  Paul Connet