Re: [OM] Oly P-400 printer ???

Subject: Re: [OM] Oly P-400 printer ???
From: "Mark A. Thalman" <markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 20:16:40 -0500
IMHO,

The P-400 is not a general purpose printer like the SC800 and PS1280.  It
would be photos only.  The consumables cost about $1.50-$200/print when I
checked it out.  But if quality is your goal I think te P-400 wins, but not
by much.

Once  a print is behind glass on a wall you probably won't be able to tell
the difference.  I have 8X10s I took with a 2.1Mega Pixel Digicam, Olympus
C2020 Zoom in TIFF mode.  Once hung on the wall you don't see the lines the
SC800 puts in every prints' shadows (the lines are ink removed so they are
barely noticeable in the midtones and highlights).  These prints have fooled
photographers 20+ years into their Nikon system.

Nick Taylor wrote:

> I'm considering a replacement for my Epson Stylus Color 800
> inkjet printer.  Two printers have been highly recommended to
> me, the Epson Photo Stylus 1280 and the Olympus P-400.  Does
> anyone here have experience with either or both of these
> printers?  I would appreciate any and all comments, experiences,
> suggestions, flames, etc.
>
> Thanks,
> -Nick T.

Mark A. Thalman | markt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
And Noah said to the animals: "Go forth and multiply!"

But the adders came to Noah and said: "But we cannot multiply, we are
adders."

Then Noah went out and chopped down some trees and built a table of logs.
And he showed it to the adders and said: "Look I have built you a table of
logs!  Now you adders can multiply!"