Re: was[OM] om-4 or om-2s FS now 2S joy

Subject: Re: was[OM] om-4 or om-2s FS now 2S joy
From: "Marcus b6" <marcusb6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:07:54 -0700

What I'm finding I like best is the spotmeter/display that gives you a constant reading of the scene-much like an analog meter. I never quite got the hang of the OM-4 multi-spot; though it's probably more capable in skilled hands. My simple brain just seems to mesh more efficiently with the 2S spot meter. I'm finding it the quickest metering to use as I always have to stop and think about what the averaging meter is actually reading in "auto" mode. I would hapily give up "program" for a higher shutter speed, though. Though I can't put my finger on it, the build of the 2S just doesn't seem quite to the same level as the -4. It might just be the cheezy look of the exp. comp/ASA knob, compared to the -4's, or that this particular camera still has all of its black finish, compared to the brass of my -4. I have to say that I love the look of that well used -4. -Marcus