RE: [OM] Oly P-400 printer ???

Subject: RE: [OM] Oly P-400 printer ???
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:57:45 -0700
I would use a P-400 only for digital darkroom work and use an additional
(inkjet or laser) printer for general use. New low-end Epsons are pretty
inexpensive. The Olympus dye-sub printer will produce better
photo-quality enlargements but you are limited to an 8x10 print size. I
have an Epson color 800 for general use and it is a workhorse that
stands up to the test of time and the kids. I have sequestered away my
Epson Photo EX and all it gets used for pretty much is proof printing
photos.

I did recently hear of a rebate program where you get $500.00 off (in
other words ~half price) on a P-400 if you buy one with an E10. Add some
accessory lenses, battery and memory capacity, and perhaps a new iBook
and you would have my dream "car club shooting kit" (which would require
a small business loan to procure). One of the Audi Quattro Club USA
magazine, Quattro Quarterly, contributers has an E10. We used his shots
for the cover and inside in the last issue for a car test article and
the shots look stunning.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com