Re: [OM] 40/2 lens hood/flair

Subject: Re: [OM] 40/2 lens hood/flair
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:37:09 -0700 (PDT)
--- andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I could never understand how one hood could work
> effectively on three
> lenses of such widely spaced focal lengths - 40 and
> 100?! It must look huge
> on a 40mm. But mine claims all three lengths too and
> if Oly says it's
> true...
> AndrewF

If you look at the lens and see how deeply inset the
front element is you will see that the angle of
coverage for the hood changes. A point in fact is the
lens hood for the 35-70/3.6, which looks too long to
do the job. Zooming to 70mm pulls the front element
backward compared to the hood, giving perfect flare
protection for a zoom.

Warren

=====
Warren Xato