[OM] Almost a coup & mail order film questions

Subject: [OM] Almost a coup & mail order film questions
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 00:17:20 EDT
In the close but no cigar department: I've been looking for a lens hood for
my 28-48 Zuiko with no success.  Found one advertised on the internet in a
shop across the pond. About 8 pounds plus postage. Could hardly contain my
excitement. Fired off an email. You know the rest of the story.  Already
sold. Oh shucks, back to the drawing board.  Still looking old benevolent
ones.  Someone has to have an extra.

I will be purchasing some film (most of which will  be slide film) for a trip
this summer and other projects and will likely buy 40 or 50 rolls.  Any
problems with buying it mail order?  What are the mail order houses who do
the best job with film?  Is there any reason to not buy the USA vs Imported?
The Kodak or Fuji processing offered with the film is really cheap compared
to local commercial lab.  Is their processing quality work or just a good way
to screw up your film?  Thanks in advance for advice of mail order film and
processing providers.  Bill Barber