RE: [OM] Re: [OT] Bulk ink

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: [OT] Bulk ink
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 10:21:30 -0400
John,

There are a number of web resources for Epson users, where you'll
probably find some more informed opinions on ink kits.  I don't have any
links for them but they're out there.  I do know that Epson has been
reducing prices lately for their carts, no doubt in response to the
flood of third party inks.  At Staples (a big US office supply retailer)
I noticed the 2-packs were down to around $31-32 and the Hitachi
knock-offs, right next to them, were $29-$30.

One thing I'll say for the Epson inks: you don't need to do alot of
color management to get a print that looks close to what you have on
screen.  I appreciate this because: 1) I'm not very good fiddling with
it, and, 2) You can spend alot of time on it, and time is worth more to
me than the $ I might save.  But I'd love to find a refill kit that
gave  the exact palette as the Epsons. I'd make alot more prints.

Morgan Sparks