RE: [OM] Re: Reply This is a Scam!!

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Reply This is a Scam!!
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 12:13:17 -0600
At 10:51 AM 6/8/2001 -0700, Scott Gomez wrote:
>Is there really anyone having enough intelligence to use a computer that is
>also so incredibly naive as to fall for this?  Spam is Spam of course, but
>this one is so incredibly ridiculous that I just laughed.

Actually, quite a few people fell for the original variant of this (the
Nigerian Letter scam).  If you don't know how e-mail works (many tyros don't),
you honestly don't realize that this message hasn't been sent to you alone, but
rather to hundreds of thousands (or perhaps even millions) of people all over
the world.

C'est la vie.

Garth