Re: [OM] Re: Should I buy an 85/2

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Should I buy an 85/2
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:18:18 -0400
At 03:33 PM 6/8/01 -0400, you wrote:
I have shot many photos of my grand daughter with the 85/2.  I use it near or
at wideopen as I am shooting indoors without flash.  The flash dazzles her
and at 15 mos. she is already wise to flash and blinks or squints if she sees
one.

The Bokeh of the 85 is beautiful to my eye.  The lens I have is MC (they may
all be, I can't remember) and it is very sharp wide open.  All in all it is
one of my favorite lenses.

Just an additional comment.  As other list memebers have mentioned, the Bokeh
of the 50/3.5 is not smooth at all!  The lens is very very sharp, but wide
open the background should be pretty neutral or you will see the octagonal
iris all over the place.  So, when I can I use the 85 for close-ups.

Thanks for the comments.

What do you mean by the above paragraph? Do you not use the 85/2 in certain circumstances?

Skip

All in all it is a great lens and well worth the price mentioned.

Dave Dougherty