[OM] Filter Quality

Subject: [OM] Filter Quality
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 09:58:21 EDT
Just got that 300mm lens from Tom Scales.  As you all know the lens has a
72mm front on it.  As I intend to use it for photographing shore birds and
the like and at the zoo, I think I should put a UV filter on it to protect
the front element.  I also feel a Polarizer would be useful when shooting
over water, etc.  The integral lens hood needs to be able to slide out over
the filter.  So the polarizer will have to have a ring the same diameter as
the lens barrel.

So, the question is, what brand?  I would appreciate the wisdom of the group.

Dave Dougherty