[OM] How to manage 1.4/50mm Swap

Subject: [OM] How to manage 1.4/50mm Swap
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:19:32 +0200
Hallo everybody,

At the moment I´m suffering at another symptom of advanced Zuikoholism.
Yesterday I´ve located a 50mm F/1.4 with that fabulous high serial number and
that resistless
 green  reflections which were praised in a small mailing list in the internet.
Altough I already
 own a SC 50mm F1.4  which isn`t my most used lens. I feel that I need THIS one.

Now the problem is, the dealer told me that it is only available as set with
the attached
 body a OM-40. I`m not too much interested to buy the set. This would mean I´d
get even
 more OM stuff, I don`t have enough space to store. Or sell something with the
usual loss.
Two options I don`t really like.

Now, for sure, My favourite option would be, to make the dealer to swap the two
lenses <g>.
 So the question is how do I convince the dealer to do so. <G>
Even when I offer him a fair amount it might be hard to convince him. Either I
have to explain him
 ouer secret knowlede about OM-lens evolution, which will lead to imediate
price raise, or he must
assume that I want to change my lens because it is broken.
So what would be suitable negotiantion strategy?

thanks,
Frieder Faig

P.S.: He is also an OM owner, so I really shouldn't tell him that this is the
must have version of all
50mm F1.4-Zuikos.