[OM] Camera Store Ratings [was] Re: OM-4 BIN $200

Subject: [OM] Camera Store Ratings [was] Re: OM-4 BIN $200
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:38:51 +0000
At 00:57 6/11/01, Oben Candemir asked:
At 03:15 AM Monday 11/06/2001, you wrote:
> There is a substantially longer list of NY camera dealers I wouldn't deal with for anything.
> -- John

Would you share this information with list members privately John?

Oben

I'll do better . . .
One of the best resources on the internet is Phil Greenspun's photo.net web site. He has a marvelous page which lists several of the major dealers I would not even call (see the section entitled: "I Want to Get Screwed").
  http://www.photo.net/photo/where-to-buy

Also see the section on camera shops in the "Neighbor-to-Neighbor" area:
  http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

Note:
Take any individual posting in "Neighbor-to-Neighbor" with a grain of salt; no large business can please everybody all the time. It's what the overall balance of good vs. bad postings looks like that's important. With the worst stores, you'll see an overwhelming number of irate customer postings and a pattern in the store tactics pulled. With the best stores you'll find the opposit. You'll also find the worst rated here correlate strongly to the ones listed in the "I Want to Get Screwed" section!

-- John