Re: [OM] Olympus ECR Info

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus ECR Info
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:53:31 +0200
Cc: <markhahn2000@xxxxxxx>
: I got these two messages from some guy on the the Olympus-Pen list.
: Does anyone know anything about the Olympus ECR camera other than what I've
answered?

The camera is named 35 ECR, has an E.Zuiko 42mm/F2.8 lens, accepts 45mm / 43.5mm
filters, has auto exposure (electronic shutter) and a rangefinder. 1972-1974.

: 1) how good is the E. Zuiko lens? How many elements etc.

E.Zuiko means 5 elements.

: 2) what is the shutter range?

4 ~ 1/800 sec.

: 3) how do the GN numbers work? (never used an old flash on a camera
: like this before)

Look here for a description:
http://cameraquest.com/olyrc.htm

: 4) how well does the meter work with the alkaline batteries that I
: was forced to put into it?

It will need recalibration; better use a battery converter

hnz