Re: [OM] Pentax Screwmount to OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pentax Screwmount to OM?
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:51:57 -0700 (PDT)
--- Mickey Trageser <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Zuiks,
>
> Is there an adapter to mount a Pentax screwmount on
> an OM body? I have a 300mm Asahi Pentax lens that
> might be fun to play with. It has a Canon adapter on
> it. When removed, the lens fits on a Praktica body.
>

> Thanks once again.
> -Mickey

  The lens flange distance on the OM is more than the
Pentax by about 1/2mm so unless you could remove part
of the original mount, and make a custom adapter, you
could not focus back to inf. with even a very thin
adapter. I assume you are talking about Pentax's 300mm
f4 optic, not an early 300mm f6.3 preset lens.