RE: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical or electr

Subject: RE: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical or electronic s...
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 06:13:28 -0700

collecting OM stuff. I have no idea what to do with SEVEN (some days ago)
50mm. And -  >>> Im so sorry - I don't believe, that anyone but you
zuikoholics is impressed by an Olympus collection.

 >>> Hans-Joachim

I can attribute my 'condition' to genetics.  My dad has a collection of what
must easily be 60 Russian cameras.  Several of them are on display on a
bookcase in his family room.  This is quite obviously for no-one's pleasure
but his own, as he's now 80 years old and doesn't get around quite like he
used to.  He doesn't entertain, in other words.

It is a relatively harmless 'hobby' for him as he has the means to satisfy
his collecting desire, and it certainly harms no one.

Additionally, I was the very fortunate recipient of some of the fruits of
his 'hobby'.  Several years ago he had to abandon manual focus gear due to
his failing eye-sight (he also collects P*ntax gear), so he 'gifted' me with
his LX body, three finders, two flash systems, and about 18 lenses.

In other words, IMHO, all you 'collectors' keep on collecting.  As long as
the bills are getting paid and you're not wanted for armed robbery, I see no
harm in it whatsoever.

Jim