RE: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical orelectron

Subject: RE: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical orelectronic s...
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:07:46 -0500
This 'dissing' of people who like to 'collect' or play with their OM
equipment and talk about it on the list comes up every once in a while,
usually tied to some kind of statement like "as for me, I prefer to take
pictures.." as though some type of moral 'high ground' were involved. I find
such  talk tiresome and small minded. The focus of this list happens to be
the equipment and how to use it. Be thankful the discussion is civil and on
topic, even if it isn't artistic enough for your taste, and let them have
their fun too.

Chip Stratton
Gearhead and Photographer

>I'm happy to know, that there are (few?) list members, who are interested
in
>photography.

>There are so many threads here dealing with buying (what for?) and
collecting
>OMstuff. I have no idea what to do with SEVEN (some days ago) 50mm. And -
Im so
>sorry - I don't believe, that anyone but you zuikoholics is impressed by an
Olympus