RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:21:04 +0000
At 23:26 6/12/01, James Kiker wrote (in part):
Believe it or not, it came out great, except for the green cast from the
fluorescents.  Through a loupe, you can see every minute detail of the
work on the monitors.  They had the transparency drum-scanned and turned
into ~130MB file, and used PhotoShop to clean it up and balance the
colors.  I have seen the small-scale mockup of the the banner in which
it is going, and it looks good.  I'm anxious to see the shot after it is
blown up to 3 feet high.  Thanks everyone for the earlier advice on this
shot.

Glad this one worked out for you. It was a difficult shot with the luminance of the monitor, its mismatch with ambient illumination of the environment, and the additional mismatch of color temperature (monitor versus fluorescent lights). You had a number of things working against you.

-- John