Re: Re: [OM] A usage report on Gary's test slide - and Acer Scanwit

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] A usage report on Gary's test slide - and Acer Scanwit
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:33:13 +1000
> Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> As to the relationship between resolution and color depth I think the
> color depth simply improves the color contrast and contrast is
> fundamental to resolution.  If the light beams composing two dots are
> fully resolved but both are 100% white on a 100% white background
> then

It's good to see somebody state this.  The implication with many postings to
this
list in reference to lenses seems to be that these parameters are entirely
independent.  I've seen the comment often enough "good resolution, but poor
contrast" or something like it.

Wayne Harridge
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~w_harridge