RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors

Subject: RE: [OM][OT] Shooting monitors
From: Allan Bigham <bigham@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 18:13:03 +1200
John, you have beaten me to it!! I read the email prior on the subject, had
the same thought, then saw you had responded.

In a similar vein my Grandfather, on hearing an unsatisfactory political
election result put his walking stick through the radio (wireless!).
Result, u/s wireless! OM content: The Semi Olympus was a current model at
the time, the Semi Olympus II a mere dream.
Allan.

At 22:42 12/06/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>If you shoot a monitor, it will "implode" and guaranteed it will blow up to
>more than 3 feet high as the CRT has a nearly perfect vacuum inside.  Doing
>this from a good distance is highly recommended; not doing it at all is
>even better.  Watch it too closely and it may be the last thing you see.
>
>-- John
>(Who didn't thoroughly read this thread, but only scanned it very
quickly.) Me!