Re: [OM] Winder /6volt pack problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder /6volt pack problem
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:49:52 -0500
Here is something I noticed the other day when I was working on mine:
Look at the 6 volt battery pack with the batteries facing toward you.
Now turn in over and look at the flat part of the pack.
Do you see a little indentation with an Olympus logo?
When you insert the battery pack, it presses a little metal tab up,
and then it comes down and rests in that little depresssion once
the battery pack has been fully inserted.  I don't know what it
does, but I'm sure it is there for some reason.
Is that area gummed up with something?
Maybe that tab is not coming down in the depression and causing
the winder not to fire.  What was it called when a combination of parts
doesn't work together, but will work with like combinations?  Somebody
had a good name for it.

Does anybody know what that little metal tab does?

HTH,
--p.j.