Re: [OM] 135/3.5 ¿ MC-SC ?

Subject: Re: [OM] 135/3.5 ¿ MC-SC ?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:59:24 -0700
"Are we sure that the yellow/purple is indictive of single coating. Your
statement bothered me when I first read it so I did a check of my 50
f1.4
whcih is marked MC. The coating reflection is yellow and purple, no
green, yet the lens is clearly marked as Multi coated! I suspect that
there are
differing formulations and coatings, possibly the yellow/purple is an
early MC?"

As has been said here many times by numerous folks, not all lenses had
every element multicoated in the interim "MC" period (the 50mm f/1.8 and
1.4 are important  examples), nor did the "Meade Green" multicoating
color fully manifest itself until the final versions of the lenses
marked as just "Zuiko."  Until someone studies the parts numbers for
every element in every lens parts diagram, we won't have a clear
understanding of how the multicoating progression evolved.  That is the
primary source for this information.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV