[OM] Tamron Adaptall-2 mounts and the black blipper.

Subject: [OM] Tamron Adaptall-2 mounts and the black blipper.
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:27:52 EDT
dear list,

I have just noticed that one of my Tamrom Adaptall-2 mounts has a screw on
the bayonet flange which comes directly over that stupid little black beeping
button on the OM-4(Ti) bayonet mount.

The screw-holes are countersunk so there is a danger of the little black
button getting damaged as you mount/dismount the lens.

I think I may have observed this once before years ago, not sure. Maybe it is
an earlier (or perversely later!) Adaptall-2 mount than the others that I
have.

The rogue one has "ADAPTALL 2" ... "for OLYMPUS OM" ... "JAPAN" written on
the back.

The other one I am looking at, which is OK, simply has "OL" ... "JAPAN"
written on the back.

They both have a screw directly in line with the red dot which comes to the
top when the lens is mounted, but on the latter mount the other screws are in
'safe' positions away from the 'danger area'. The nearest screw is lower on
the mount than the black button and doesn't reach it when the lens is mounted
(I need a drawing!). Incidentally, the stop down lever is also lower down on
the mount by about 15 degrees.

I am off to check my other Tamrom Adaptall-2 mounts!

Dave Bellamy.
http://hometown.aol.com/sitesearch/