Re: [OM] Film Loader Question(s)

Subject: Re: [OM] Film Loader Question(s)
From: "Keith Berry" <k.berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:41:41 +0100
Tony wrote:
>...I've been considering using a film loader and bulk 100' rolls of film.
 >Do any of you use a loader, and if so, about how many frames to you
>get out of a roll of 100' ?

A 36 exp film is about 5 feet long so you could expect to get 19-20.

You need to be doing your own processing to benefit from the economy of bulk
just about any cassette was reloadable, but now you have to buy special
re-usable ones, which you'd have to lose to an outside processor.

I tried two types of daylight loader - the Watson type held 100' and was a self
contained unit. The big drawback with these was that there was too much
distance between the film loading slot and the cassette and it resulted in much
of the last frame of each film being fogged.

The French Bobineuse Summor didn't have this problem because you assembled the
cassette right up against the felt trap and built the winder around it, but
there were only 50' or 25' magazines available for it.

Regards,
- Keith Berry
- Birmingham, England