Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 19-35: a good buy?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar Series 1 19-35: a good buy?
From: "John ORegan" <joreg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:03:42 +0100
Bernd

I guess you should buy this weeks Amateur Photographer from the UK. They
have a comparison test of all the 19-35 zoom lenses (and similar) available
in Autofocus designs - 8 lenses in all. It is clear from the pictures that
the Vivitar is exactly the same lens as the Cosina, although, here in the
UK, the vivitar is somewhat cheaper.

The C*non and N*kon lenses come out tops with the Tokina 2.8 also provong an
excellent, but expensive buy.

The Cosina and Vivitar are regarded as extremely good value for money

I guess the MF versions may be the same. (One of our mail order stores has a
vivitar at about 85pounds)

JohnOR

Bernd said.....
Recently I saw a Vivitar Series 1 19-35mm with OM mount for sale at a shop
around here. It is new, and after visiting the Vivitar website I found that
it is still being produced.

Does anybody want to share their experiences with this lens? I was able to
try it on a camera and was surprised by the low distortion even at 19mm. It
feels much plastic-like, and in fact the barrels seems to be made entirely
of plastic. Are the Series 1 lenses not regarded as top-line products?
Photographyreview.com has some good reviews on the AF version of that lens.

What would a good price be for this lens?

thanks in advance, best regards

Bernd Möller

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential.  If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.

The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.  BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message
if modified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sint confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur.

Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
autorisation expresse.

L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP
PARIBAS (et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce