[OM] [OT] Trip suggestions

Subject: [OM] [OT] Trip suggestions
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:11:38 -0300
Hi folks,

No, this is not the usual, "what gear should I take on my trip?" email. I've
pretty much have that sorted out (all of it!).

My "problem" is that I've got vacation time coming up the end of August
(August 24 to September 3) and I'm trying to figure out where to go.

Because of my location (east coast of Canada) I've "narrowed" the
possibilities to somewhere within North America, South America, and Europe
(this is purely due to associated travel costs and the amount of time I have
available).

Because of the amount of time I have (11 days, minus 2 to allot for travel
time, leaves 9 days) I'm thinking a smaller country makes a lot of sense so
I can still get a decent depth of country.

Photo content: my main photo focus is architectural, I'd like to do some
landscape as well, don't tend to focus much on people pictures.

OM content: I'll probably be taking my full compliment of Olympus gear,
which would be:

2 OM-1n bodies
21mm 3.5
24mm 2.8
28mm 2.8
35mm 2.0
50mm 1.8

And I might pick up something longer to also take with me (say a 100 or 135,
or maybe a zoom). This kit is small and pretty light, and still gives me a
lot of versatility. If size does become a problem, I'll probably leave one
of the wides at home.

Other concerns are that I won't be renting a car and I'll be trying to do
this on the cheap.

So then, where would you recommend I go?

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx