Re: [OM] Battery for OM-1(n)?

Subject: Re: [OM] Battery for OM-1(n)?
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 22:38:20 -0500
>Dear Ohemoholics,
>
>What is the best battery for the OM-1(n)?

Don't forget possibility #4: Wein zinc-air cells
They are not the 'best' battery option b/c they discharge while in the
camera, but they work.  I can find them at one of my local camera shops.
Another alternative, so I'm told, is to get the zinc-air battery used in
hearing aids (1.35v, of course) and make your own collar (cardboard?) so
they won't slide around.  I've never tried this latter option and I'm sure
others will tell you that you should stay away from zin-air batts for one
reason or another, but another option can never hurt :-)

--p.j.