Re: [OM] Distortion among Four Zuiko Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Distortion among Four Zuiko Lenses
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:52:06 -0500

From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

thanks Joel.

I find it astonishing that the senic (who puts a fire hydrant next to a
lake??) shows the far shoreline to be straight with the 35/shift and
curved with the zoom. Dang.

Dirk,
Unfortunately or fortunately, the changed lighting in the two versions of the scenic is more significant IMO than the lens distortion, actually disguising any real differences in this respect between the lenses. The 35-80/2.8 nevertheless is far more contrasty (I think that comes through over and above differences in lightfall).

The scene is the river at the edge of my backyard. The non-operative fireplug is a remnant of the previous owner, who collected a lot of heavy metal for yard art. He was a frustrated artist industrial welder. Good sense of humor. Thanks for noticing.

Joel W.