Re: [OM] OM smog filter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM smog filter
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:21:43 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/01 1:03:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Anybody else in the Pacific NW notice how bad the air quality is getting
>  these days? I used to be able to see Mt Rainier to the SW or the coast
>  mtns to the N on an average clear day, now i rarely see either.

Less rain than a normal year, more cars than ever.  Jim T. is on the right
track: i.e., catch a clear day right after a shower, but before the high
pressure north wind brings down Vancouver's smog (which is really noticeable
up north, around the San Juans, Skagit Valley, etc.).

Best is on a clear day following rain when there is still a good onshore flow
(winds from the west).  Tough to get this kind of day in the summer.

Rich