[OM] The OM-2 transforms to the OM-2SP! Princess/Frog?

Subject: [OM] The OM-2 transforms to the OM-2SP! Princess/Frog?
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:12:05 EDT
Dear All,

Jessops of Stevenage, UK did well on Tuesday. They managed to send me a
beaten up OM-2SP instead of a nearly mint OM-2! I opened the box, all agog,
and said, "What?!!!"

If I can beat them down thoroughly on price, owing to their obvious guilt (
_and_ in 1981 I went to their main Leicester store at the age of 15 to get an
OM-2n and they didn't have any in stock, which was rare actually - they had £
2 million worth of camera gear in the warehouse next door!),  I might buy the
OM-2SP as a reserve knockabout body. It seems to be built like a brick
sh*thouse as we say over here.

Are there any features/problems I should look for? It was new in 1987. The
shutter sounds lovely, and the mirror etc. is very clean, no de-silvering.
The focussing screen and foam surround look fine. I've heard about the batery
drain problem - is that a big factor?

Any advice appreciated.

Dave Bellamy.
http://hometown.aol.com/sitesearch/