Re: [OM] Father's Day Post-Mortem

Subject: Re: [OM] Father's Day Post-Mortem
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:18:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/01 1:51:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> It doesn't sound like much, but that was a good weekend.

Joel, the others have expressed much better than I could have the feelings
your post brought to mind.  Esp. what John Lind said:  "More important than
his attempt at teaching us was the time spent simply doing something
together."  It's a GREAT thing you're doing Joel, in many ways.

I enjoyed being with my Dad, even if that meant having to work to be around
him.  Outside of work, most of our "quality time" was spent fishing & hunting
together.  I hadn't thought of it until now, but I remember how
enthusiastically he used his camera, an old Kodak -- nothing special, but had
a decent lens and made good photos.  He showed his slides with the same
enthusiasm.  Some of that must have infected me.  One of the qualities of a
good teacher is enthusiasm.

You had a great weekend, but your son had a great Father's Day, too, I'm
sure.  And I'm sure the topics of photography and drawing will provide many
more rewarding times together for you both.  Photography should provide a
great complement to his artistic skills.

OM1, eh?  Lucky kid!  Someday he'll be knocked out by the fact that you gave
him THAT camera when he was just 8.

Rich