[OM] OM servicing

Subject: [OM] OM servicing
From: drchrisbarrett <drchrisbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 23:00:44 +0100
Dear Folks,

I have also used Colchester, for a CLA, foam, and battery conversion on
my OM1, and was very happy with their service.

When I came to get my 2n serviced, I had found that London Camera
Exchange in Worcester have a peripatetic repair man, who comes in on
Thursdays. Other days he is at their other branches.

I had a CLA, and foam done when the shutter magnet got sticky last year.
I also asked if he could replace the lens flange, as it was slightly
worn. He said he'd see if they where available when he took the camera
for CLA. When I collected it he'd done everything and the flange for the
quoted price of a CLA!

Then last week I took my 28mm lens in for him to look at, as the front
was wobbling. He tightened it up on the spot for no charge. What a gent.

So any of you within reach of a LCE branch see if he is visiting.

Chris Barrett
Malvern

Chris Barker wrote:

I have used Colchester Cameras in Essex, England, a couple of times.
They are very conscientious and they are an official Olympus Service
Centre.  They carried out a service on my OM1N for about =A380 2 years
ago, and they repaired my son's Trip 35 last month.