RE: [OM]IS-3 First Time User

Subject: RE: [OM]IS-3 First Time User
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:11:58 -0400
I have had one of the busiest times of my life the past 2 months.  Heavy
business commitments, son's high school graduation, a monster big meeting
and a retirement from ministry of one of my best friends.

In the middle of all that  (actually just before it started), I purchased an
IS-3.  I then had the chance to use it during the retirement ceremony and my
friend's last church service. To be safe, I also acquired a G-40 flash.

WOW!  I have never had such high quality photos from anything I have used
before.  The combination of the integrated focusing system with the G-40
flash is unbelievable.  I had been noticing what Ken Norton had remarked
about the combination for weddings.  I used the IS-3 in similar mode of use.
There were 3 photos in the 6 rolls I shot that were throw-aways and that was
because the camera doesn't have a composition meter!! (:>)

The saturation of the flash, even at a distance of 40+ feet is remarkable.
I have used T-32's, Metz 45CT 4's and likely 20 other flash units over the
years.  Nothing has compared to what I have seen with the IS-3.

Anyone considering one of these cameras (1, 2, or 3) shouldn't have any
hesitation.

Brian P. Huber