Re: [OM] Shutter

Subject: Re: [OM] Shutter
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 07:34:15 +0200
Fogive me if I am late on this one.  I seem to be gettig my List
posts later than usual (2 or 3 days) with the original ones coming
the latest.

Anyway, the OM shutter is a travelling slot is it not?  It is made up
of 2 curtains travelling horizontally, and the shorter the exposure
required, the narrower the slot - the second curtain starts to travel
well before the first has finished travelling.  for longer exposures,
however, (1/60 and longer?), the first curtain will come to rest
before the second sets off across the aperture.

I hope that this is clear...

Chris

That's a whole lot easier to _see_ than describe -- I don't think
there's even one part involved that doesn't do three or four things,
depending on the circumstances!  I can't imagine trying to explain it
without _showing_ it!  You know -- "a picture is worth 1000 words"!

Chris Charlton wrote:

 Could anyone explain to me a little more on how oly
 shutters work? I know they are a cloth type focal
 plane shutter, with spools at either end, and thats
 about it.... :-)

 Thanks