RE: [OM] Panoramas

Subject: RE: [OM] Panoramas
From: Alan Wood <alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:34:06 +0100
> Oben wrote:
>
> > The technique I was thinking of was finding a position
> across from a panorama you wished to take and then
> shooting a frame. Moving sideways by a calculated amount
> according to field of view of the lens. Taking another frame.
> And repeating this till the desired number of frames was
> > taken. The logic is that all the frames of the landscape
> would be perpendicular to the film and be easier to match
> from frame to frame.

This would probably be very difficult with a landscape, but I have seen some
fascinating photographs of rows of small shops done in this way.  Each shop
was the same size, and one photograph was taken of each shop.

Alan Wood
Documentation Writer / Web Master
Context Limited (http://www.context.co.uk/)
mailto:alan.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx