[OM] Tamron 49mm lens hood

Subject: [OM] Tamron 49mm lens hood
From: "Mike Williamson" <mikew@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:41:08 -0500
Well, I'm getting the 49mm version of the Tamron SP 90.  Turns out the seller
doesn't have a lens hood for it.  Anyone have a spare they want to sell?  I
could get the 55mm version from B&H (or elsewhere) and use a step-up ring (which
I already have).  Alternatively, I was thinking of getting an Olympus 100mm
f2.8/85mm f2 hood (since it is also 49mm), reasoning that if it doesn't vignette
at 85mm it should be fine with a 90mm lens.  Assuming I don't come across the
original 49mm Tamron lens hood, can anyone think of any reason to prefer either
the larger Tamron or the Olympus hood?

Thanks once again for your help.

Mike