Re: [OM] OM-4 vs. OM-4T

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 vs. OM-4T
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:06:48 -0700
Part of the redesign of the circuitry was, I understand, the transition to a flexible circuit board instead of the rigid one, supposedly increasing its reliability and which may contribute as much to the weight savings as the titanium top and bottom cover. Those covers are real, by the way, unlike others such as Leica who used titanium plating on base metal for the look and none of the advantages. I believe I read somewhere, too, that additional efforts were made to seal the camera from the weather. I could be wrong about that.

Winsor

Scott,

I think the weight difference is 1 oz (19oz for the OM-4 vs 18 oz for the
OM-4T(i))

Other differences are that the OM-4T(i) has a redesigned film
speed/exposure compensation knob, and a redesigned self timer/beeper
switch.

Paul Schings

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:42:16 -0700 Scott Gomez