Re: [OM] (Fwd) OM4 Fault...HELP??

Subject: Re: [OM] (Fwd) OM4 Fault...HELP??
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 00:27:17 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Chris Charlton wrote:

> I think I may attempt to remove the top cover, then
> the electronics and the pentaprism so as to remove the
> front casting, I should be able to examine the shutter
> mechanism to understand it more throughly.

Umm, as someone who's been down that road, I suggest you re-consider
this.  The road is full of potholes!  There are just too many places
where you can break/bend/crack/lose something and end up trashing the
camera.  If the camera is beyond repair, then go ahead, take it apart
and have some fun.  However, if you ever expect the camera to work again,
I suggest you send it to someone qualified.  Removing a front casting
isn't a simple home repair, especially if you've never done it before.
                                        -mark