Re: [OM] Beyond Infinity?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beyond Infinity?
From: "Mark Hammons" <astaire@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 13:53:50 -0500
>Any idea why a lens should focus beyond infinity? I have a 24 Shift
>that does just this- gave me a fright the first time I noticed this!
>RK

I haven't shot any in years, but I seem to recall that when using infrared
film, you need to focus beyond infinity.

Walt Wayman

======

Its the other way around.  Since infraraed light will bend not as much it
tends to focus further back than visible light. Thus you must slightly extend
the lens focus, which is equivalent to focusing a bit in (or closer).  So to
shoot at infinity you focus a little closer than infinity.  Its what the little
red
mark is for next to the focus line on the lens.

Mark H.