[OM] Third 40/2 - was Re: Smog Filter

Subject: [OM] Third 40/2 - was Re: Smog Filter
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:27:44 +0100
Cc: cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ah, so you've been counting eh Gary ;-).

I admit that it is the third. Each time I have sold one (twice) I have regretted it. In that range I now have a 35/2, a 35/2.8 and a 40/2. The 40/2 cost a little more than the 35/2 (I know, probably because Tom was nearly giving them away), but it is probably of lower quality in terms of the glass - purely subjective, it is probably the contrast of the 35/2 that gives it the edge. But the 40/2 is still good, and small, so I consider it my travelling standard/wide. The 35/2.8 is my quick & dirty travelling lens... am I convincing anyone yet? I can give this up anytime, honestly...

Anyway, this little one is the cheapest and is in the best condition so far. It is not mint because it has a few specks of dust somewhere inside, but the glass and the outside are unmarked - serial no: 108xxx. And I still have the hood (40/85/100) which you very kindly found for me a couple of years ago :>).

Anyway Gary, I now have a faster Mac to use during the week when I am away from home (a Mac Powerbook 240MHz with 144Mb of RAM - look everyone, it's faster than the little 100MHz/24MB machine I have been using up until now!) so I shall be able to fiddle with my website during the week rather than having to balance time on the computer with time with my family at the weekends.

All the best

Chris

Doggone it, Chris!  If I recall correctly, this will be the third 40/2 to
fall into your hands - and I've never even seen one, let alone had one to
touch.

Gary Edwards

people, places, flight at http://members.home.com/garyetx/

--