Re: [OM] Re: #2487 http://www.zuikoholic.com/lenscoatings.txt

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: #2487 http://www.zuikoholic.com/lenscoatings.txt
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 10:39:13 -0700
Dave B. asks:

<< Why do these alternate between SCs and MCs? >>

Because  http://www.zuikoholic.com/lenscoatings.txt  is raw data.  There
are a variety of impossibilities within the list. Consider:
21             3.5       119500  Black  SC  Zuiko
to actually be multicoated. Whoever determined SC was likely in error.

<<  I have been sent a picture of a lens for sale without the 'MC' label
(the guy thinks it is not multicoated because of this, I guess):
Serial Number 118444
It says:
Olympus OM-System Zuiko Auto-W 21mm 1:3.5 118444 Japan
Now is it MULTI-COATED I wonder ?!?!?!?!  >>

Yes, it is multicoated. Some sellers occasionally mistake the lack of an
"MC" on the ID ring for not being multicoated - which is where being a
smart buyer can get you a bargain.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV