[OM] [OT] Trip suggestions

Subject: [OM] [OT] Trip suggestions
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:00:36 -0700
> .....My "problem" is that I've got vacation time coming up the end of
>  August (August 24 to September 3) and I'm trying to figure out where to go.
>
>  Because of my location (east coast of Canada) I've "narrowed" the
>  possibilities to somewhere within North America, South America, and Europe
>  (this is purely due to associated travel costs and the amount of time I have
>  available)......and I'll be trying to do this on the cheap.

So sorry to hear of your problem, bummer...  Here's my 2¢ for the
solution. The last sentence tells me N. America and Europe are out. The
time of year tends to argue against Mexico and Central America. So that
leaves Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia. This is the perfect time of year to
visit Cuzco and lake Titicaca/La Paz area. Weather's still good and it's
a bit after the high tourist season. I found the Pre Colonial Inca (and
others)  architecture to be truly amazing. The streets of Cuzco abound
in examples and Sacsahuaman (sp?) is incredible. The countryside is
beautiful and full of remnants of Inca roads and waterworks. Ecuador is
another good trip option.

mike