Re: [OM] (OT) of Green Trolleys with Yellow Trim

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) of Green Trolleys with Yellow Trim
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:38:13 +1000
>Seattle has 'em in green & yellow, Andrew!  The clanging bell is one of the
>familiar daily sounds of the waterfront.  Beautiful cars.
>
>Sadly, the great Interurban trolleys, which ran all the way from Bellingham
>to Olympia, are long gone.  Shut down in 1940, rails torn up in 1941.  Much
>of the old interurban rail roadbeds are now hiking, biking trails.  Today,
>with traffic reaching gridlock 24/7, the region struggles to build adequate
>mass transit.

Green and gold are Aus. national colours as well as the original livery of
the W class Melbourne trams. We're fortunate we kept them but we did rip up
the original cable tram network. Great decision that was!
Now, the network is being extended with 'light rail' sections, we have a
free 'city circle' tram and even a couple of tram restaurants  (average
food, nice experience) - all we need now is a few more tourists!
AndrewF