[OM] Re: Infrared photography wih OM equipment

Subject: [OM] Re: Infrared photography wih OM equipment
From: "Erwin Voogt" <photovoogt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 06:24:43 -0000
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Robert Spitz wrote:

Erwin,
I have just viewed the excellent infrared photographs on your web page.
I have been taking infrared photographs with my OM3 and OM2n, but I find
that in the highlight areas there is a pattern on the negative from the
dimpled pressure plate. How do you avoid this in your work?
Many thanks,
Bob Spitz

I did nothing special besides having the camera *always* in the ER-case and keeping the camera (with ER-case) in a bag when not used. Even the shutter and the lens caps are not completely lighttight for infrared, so the time to focus and to compose the image should be as short as possible.
I hope this helps.

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands